Tuesday - Immigration & the Mall






Made it to the Immigration office today and everyone there was very nice! I thought I was going to get my "retirement" visa but instead ended up getting a 90 day extension on my tourist visa. It seems you have to get the extension before you apply for the "retirement" visa.... I was in and out of Immigration in less then an hour and then walked 5 minutes to the Airport Mall. Very modern, large, 5 story mall!

Here are pics of the "Food Court", over 25 little food stalls plus on the 5Th floor another 15 -20 sit down restaurants. Lunch was a "Pork Cheeseburger!!! For $3.00 I got a salad, rice, soup, hot tea, and the pork cheeseburger. Also a photo of the red lanterns in the center of the mall. Friday I think I will be going to Chiang Rai about 3 hours by car, so if I don't forget my camera, I should have a lot of good pics.

There is also a shot of the "Spirit House" outside the Mall. This is to appease the spirits that lived on and in the property before the Mall was built. People put food, water bottles,and flowers around the "house". After I took this pic, a homeless person came out of the bush and helped himself to the "Spirit's" food!!! The new car we bought was also blessed by a Buddhist Monk. He applied 12-15 white dots to the headliner of the car. Hmmm, I wonder if this means we won't have any accidents.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ken & Charlie Explore Northern Thailand!!

Chaiang Mai Pics

Udon Thani, Thailand