Hmong Village

About 1 hour drive up Doi Suthep (5,100 ft high) is a Hmong Hill Tribe Village. The road up to one of the Queen's Summer palaces is not too bad. But once you past the the palace the road gets pretty narrow, especially on the way to the camp site. Sign saying "2 lane road' must of had motorbikes in mind, as NO WAY that 2 cars could pass. The only 2 lanes I saw were going around this tree!





It was a nice sunny morning in the "city" but soon drove into the clouds about 1/2 way up the mountain. Clouds at top of mountain and the camp grounds...





The local "bus stop" outside the village. The village is mainly a market for tourists. Picture of entrance to the Mall....



Kids in the village. Tops are favorite toys for the kids! Who needs video games?



Street in the market - local dress -




The Hmong's are noted for their elaborate costumes! It takes weeks to complete just one outfit. Seamstress with some of her creations!





Typical village restaurant! Time to eat so tried the "stirfry pork with garlic and pepper" with white rice and a bowl of noodle soup with pork along with a cup of Chinese Tea. Well they always say eat where the natives it - Hmmm do you suppose he is waiting for the noodle soup?








Inside the village is a small park complete with "Spirit House".





Jungle & Hmong houses on the hillside.





Chiang Mai from 1/2 way down the mountain.

Comments

rondogpike said…
Ken,
I 'followed' you here from an Eleuthera forum. Very interesting posts and I love your photos. Thank you for sharing and all the best to you.
Rondog from Wisconsin
Hi!
I am your niece Erica's friend.
My name is Loren.
We were talking about blogs
& she told me how you moved over
to Thailand recently & showed me
your blog so I could see the
pictures so I decided to
follow your blog.
I am so interested in this
country. Seems like an awesome
place to move to from the Bahamas.
Anyhow, I love the pictures
that you have taken.
They really are beautiful!
Hope to see more soon :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ken & Charlie Explore Northern Thailand!!

Chaiang Mai Pics

Udon Thani, Thailand